We believe in the “Apostle’s Creed” as the expression of fundamental truths of the Christian faith. This profession below embodies our beliefs.
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, maker of heaven and earth.
And in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended to the dead. The third day He rose again.
He ascended into heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy Christian* Church, the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
*Christian: the ancient text reads “catholic,” meaning the whole Church as it confesses the wholeness of Christian doctrine.
We know there are many modes and models for forming Christ’s church, and we seek to partner and join in unity with all Christian fellowships with affirm the above Apostle’s Creed.
Also, we hold these truths in tension (for we only know in part, as a dim reflection, but later is will all be clear 1 Cor 13:9, 12):
- By faith we are saved through faith, and we were created for good works (Eph 2:8,9 & Eph 2:10).
- Everything God makes is good, and He is good, but that does not mean we will have a trouble free life (1 Tim 4:4-5, Jam 1:17 & Rom 8:18, Acts 7:60).
- Though we have received the righteousness of Christ, we work out our salvation with fear & trembling(Rom 3:22 & Phi 2:12).
- Through Christ we have gained freedom, but we are now slaves to righteousness and compelled by the commands of Christ (2 Cor 3:14 & Rom 6:18, John 14: 23).
- Key ministry roles (Eph 4:11) will teach and pull the church in different directions, and that is a good thing!